Thursday, October 28, 2010

CD COVER design

You can find a wide range of CD cover designs stemming from photographic, illustrative, typographic etc. Hopefully there is a connection with the artists musical statement embedded in the visual. Some of the covers I've selected to show demonstrate appealing qualities. The Chili Peppers cd exhibits good use of contrasting colors. Color being something that draws me in immediately. They combine warm and cool while at the same time flipping the imagery and still maintaining balance in the piece. I love the abstract illusiveness of the Rise Against cd. Nickelback manifest balance with diaganol motion and again, warm and cool combination. The Led Zepplin cd is just stimulating to me. There's alot of play with space and the formation of dots.(which is
how I see it)

2 comments:

  1. I love the RHCPs and Zep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contradictions on the RHCP cover art. I always enjoy the way the fonts contribute to the cover art. I have been struggling with fonts this semester and it is nice to see someone get it right.

    ReplyDelete